A Wedding planner is a professional who assists with planning and organization of weddings.
Weddings are thought to be a once a lifetime event and the organizers of a wedding (the couple and their families) are often willing to spend a considerable amount of money to ensure it is organized as perfectly as possible. Wedding disasters can be quite painful.
This has given rise to professional wedding planners in several countriesand communities. They attempt to ensure that the planned events occur as expected. These wedding planners take extensive certification courses and require superior business skills
Some wedding planners charge either a fraction (perhaps 5-10%) of total the wedding cost, or a flat fee. In USA and Canada the fees typically range between $1500 to $5000 depending on the services provided.
Wedding Planners are particularly helpful when planning a destination wedding as it is critical to help especially with documentation handling. It is to be taken into consideration that any country where a wedding is celebrated needs different procedures depending also on the nationality of bride and groom.
The services can include:
* Interviewing the couple and the parents to identify their needs.
* Budget preparation
* Planning detailed checklist (from about a year in advance to a few days after the wedding)
* Attendee list preparation
* Identification of event venues (hotels, wedding manor etc)
* Identifying and hiring of wedding professionals and service providers (caterers, photographers, videographers, beautician, florists, bakers etc), and preparation and execution of contracts.
* Coordination of deliveries/services on the wedding day.
* Have a back-up plan in the event of a disaster.
* Assist and prepare legal documentation and translations – especially for destination weddings
Mixed Wedding Traditions- Blending of the East and West
The Master Wedding Planning Guide
Becoming a Wedding Emcee